What credit crunch?

I went to use a cash machine at the local HSBC this lunchtime to find that the gentleman before me had left without taking his £10 in cash. He was already long gone when the money came out and I was left waving it in the air rather pointlessly as a queue of amused and bemused expressions stood impatiently behind me. I completed my transaction and handed the £10 back to a member of staff, despite one or two peoples' urgings for me to do otherwise, and then I remembered an article I read the other day.

Apparently GMTV were recently compiling what I doubt was a balanced and well-reasoned report examining whether Britons are becoming more selfish and less inclined to help their fellow citizens. Part of this report involved candid camera-style secret filming where an actress fell down, pretended to be injured and waited to see if anybody would help, and predictably in these celebrity-saturated times they tried this set-up on Russell Brand. He ended up helping the lady in question, although he did make a comment after the big reveal about her being "quite pretty", so perhaps this shouldn't be a surprise.

Anyway, my point is - have I just been involved in one of these tedious sting operations? Were there a couple of TV folk tucked away in a van outside, secretly hoping that I would pocket the £10 and thereby prove that folk have no moral standards nowadays, and who would probably to go on to blame Gordon Brown for society's tragic decline? If so, let's hope I have foiled their cunning plan. Of course, had it been £50 coming out of the machine...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney World 2023

Disney hols 2024 (Pt 1)

Some Barbie thoughts