what a bladdy shower

The empty takeaway shop beneath my flat has finally been let, and construction work has begun. For reasons way beyond my tiny mind's comprehension, this led to the water pressure in my flat "going a bit funny".

In layman's terms, my shower works on a "knob system". You turn the bath taps on, you pull the silver knob, water comes out of shower head at sufficienct velocity for knob to stay up until you're done. Come Tuesday morning, and the water came out of the taps so slowly that the knob refused to stay up. This is not what you need on what felt like the hottest day of the year.

I ended up showering at work, after baulking at the £3 demanded by Kings Cross station for the use of their (previously free, I'm thinking?) showers. The shower room was stupidly hot. I had my shower, I got out, I attempted to dry myself. The water dried, my skin did not. I was sweatier than I had ever been in my lazy, exercise-deficient life.

Hopefully this will be the only time I exit a shower to find myself sweatier than before I started. What will the workmen will do to my flat next, I wonder?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney World 2023

Disney hols 2024 (Pt 1)

Some Barbie thoughts