I'm a realist

I was chatting with a fellow Wolves fan last night, my friend's housemate's boyfriend as it happens. (I know, look at me chatting with unfamiliar people!) He was utterly convinced that we would survive this season in the Premier League, and that we'll even end up pushing for European qualification within a few years. From our brief conversation he seemed like an incredibly charismatic and positive bloke. He was also quite scarily tall, so perhaps these attributes are connected.

If there was ever a moment that summed up my life in a microcosm then this was it. This guy was clearly one of life's optimists and as a result he was charming and popular, chatting away to everyone as well as sharing some romantic moments with his attractive girlfriend. Meanwhile, I'm one of those types who's forever stuck in a corner at parties, too self-conscious to work the room and make small talk and yet perversely, being more of a realist than a full-blown pessimist, not cynical enough to be genuinely interesting on a "loveably bitchy" kinda level.

Well anyway, at least I realise that I yam what I yam and I'm not likely to change. I mean, your man last night even suggested that Matt Jarvis would one day play for England! I would happily go to a party full of strangers, stand in the centre of the room and talk to everyone if that ever happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney World 2023

Disney hols 2024 (Pt 1)

Some Barbie thoughts