I can't get no sleep

I've just made a terrible mistake. Tonight I bought the latest WWE wrestling pay-per-view event on Sky Box Office, entitled Hell in a Cell, which promised much steel cage-related action. (This wasn't the terrible mistake, although the PPV was rather disappointing.) I always have to watch these things live, or before I go to work on the Monday, due to not being able to resist the temptation to read the results online.

Now, PPVs start at 1am and go on till 4. The last few times, I've stayed up all night to watch them and only got a few hours sleep before work. Therefore I'd got into the habit of buying cans of [popular goth-targeted energy drink] to keep me awake for the duration, supplemented by a cup of tea towards the end. This time, I'd woken up quite early on Sunday morning and decided to go to bed at 10pm, get three hours sleep beforehand, watch the PPV and then get the rest of my full night's sleep quota - simple huh?

Unfortunately, I continued with my habit of drinking a can of ["incessant"] at the beginning, then putting the kettle on halfway through to make a cuppa. Because I'd already had some sleep beforehand, the resultant caffeine rush has made it impossible for me to re-enter the land of nod afterwards.

So it's now 6am, I've been awake since 1 and really could do with getting a bit more sleep before work. I've never suffered from insomnia, so this is a very odd feeling. In fact, the only time I've not been able to sleep at all before was after a night at the old student union in Salford where I'd rashly consumed multiple double vodka and Red Bulls. Damn, these drinks are scary. I'm going back to bed now to try again, but I'm not hopeful. Artificial highs - just say no, kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney World 2023

Disney hols 2024 (Pt 1)

Some Barbie thoughts