Rhetorical questions


Am I an arsehole for thinking this whole Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand "scandal" was funny?

How come this fills me with apoplectic rage, yet the first one doesn’t? Is it because both Brand and Ross possess fantastic wit and verbal flair, whereas George Lamb is just a crass, hateful sack of shite?

But, why was this material even broadcast? Surely shows like this are pre-recorded for this very reason?

Still, I found it funny. But I can also see why Mr Sachs would find it deeply offensive. I can see why the Mail and especially ITV, for whom this was the MAIN ITEM on their early evening news yesterday, are getting so worked up, because it’s an excuse to lay into the Beeb, but I can’t see why anybody else is complaining, because quite frankly what’s it got to do with them? Sachs has complained, they’ve apologised. I still find Ross and Brand hilarious, but I somehow feel like I shouldn’t, because everyone is telling me they are just childish idiots who are too big for their boots, even though I doubt very much that everyone will suddenly stop watching or listening to their shows after this.

I’m confused :-(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney World 2023

Disney hols 2024 (Pt 1)

Some Barbie thoughts